A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

06 April 2012

Day 6: Tragedy

Welcome once again to Ziva's wonderful "30 Days of Photographs" non-contest. If you don't know by now, the clickable link above will give you all the details you need to know.

My photo (and very short photo story this time around) are found directly following the list of other participants of this month-long expedition into the minds of some extremely interesting and talented people. Those people are: MikeWJ, Nicky and Mike, Mo, Meleah, John, aka nonamedufus, Bryan, aka Unfinished Person, Malisa, Nora, LaughingMom, Tanya, Elizabeth A., 00dozo, Cheryl, Kristen, Pam and Katherine.



My depiction of today's theme -- which is "Tragedy":





Yes, yes, I know I have my two wonderful children from this union...but, nearly 30 years of my life were wasted...and that is indeed a tragedy.

I won't bore you all with the details...they'd take up way more than 250 words anyway...but if you are willing, I'll give you a call. ;)


10 comments:

  1. It couldn't have been all bad. You got to keep a great looking ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is harsh. :)

    Did you hide this post from your husband? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to say much (not that I ever do), I know too little (I don't really know anything) but hey, you've photographed something that is tragic and it IS in a nice little box too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least you still have two wonderful children and some serious bling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh...not that harsh. I'm sure there'd be a photo of me for the last theme if he were playing. ;)

    I doubt he reads anything I write - maybe some spyware...but that's about it.

    Well, the one with the diamonds around it...I bought myself in memory of my mother -- so I don't consider that one a wedding or anniversary band...but I used to wear them together (and that's the one which was from Tiffany's) - but, yes, pretty ring, nice box...can't do anything I guess with the engagement ring one other than sell it in my old age for a fraction of what it costs. It's just sad all those years unhappy -- what a complete and utter personal tragedy. It's very sad. I cry a lot. :( Crying now. Oh well...off to read the others' take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Mariann, this is tragic. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, Mariann. Life is often harsh, and inexplicably so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That is a tragedy, but the children can be the best part of those years- they can't all have been wasted, I hope. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what broke my heart? When I read in your comment that you still cry a lot. I'm sorry. Life is so tough sometime, but we survive. And those weren't 30 wasted years. You learned so much. You grew stronger. You gave life to beautiful children. You built a life for yourself. You still have all of those things. Plus you have a kick ass ring!

    ReplyDelete