A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

01 April 2012

Day 1: Silence

All during the month of April, I am participating in a photography "non-competition"...the details of which can be found directly below. The other "non-conteststants (for reasons beyond my comprehension) keep having their intros removed...but, they can all be found following "Zivo's Inferno".

As I am having battery/charger problems with my camera (which can only take about four photos before it runs out of charge...please bear that in mind when viewing my photos. Set-ups and re-shoots are damned near impossible for the time being...hopefully later on this week they'll be able to order and procure a battery for me in-store...until then, please pity me.


Ziva's Inferno




Too Many Mornings


We Work for Cheese


The Tales of Mad Dog


Momma Mia, Mea Culpa


nonamedoofus


Unfinished Person


Moonlight Hollow


Door in Face


Where's the Funny Here?


Dog Eared Copy


Liz First Time


OOdozo






(My Interpretation)
Day 1: Silence



As I consider myself an undiscovered writer...I feel not putting pen to paper is the ultimate silence. Words have built countries, torn them down, influenced people, made them laugh, and brought them to tears. You can travel anywhere just by reading words...you can get inside someone's head or travel to a whole other time in space and further into that space than you could ever have imagined. Imagination is limitless...it's like a grand piano waiting for the maestro to play a legendary concerto. Writing are the keys that pianist plays...leave those keys unplayed...and again...only silence.


(I apologize for not getting the links right. When I see how everyone else does them I will be able to just "fix it" later. Please bear with them until that happens. Thank you.)





16 comments:

  1. Oh, I can relate to this! I've had this kind of silence quite a bit over the last few months. Great take on the theme, Mariann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great depiction of silence. Any blogger can readily identify with the "silent" blank page, which you've nicely illustrated here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the photo itself says it all. Nicely done!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo and the text! I'm not a writer, but a blank page is terrifying when you really want to express those things in your head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I wish I had a writing space like that. Very nice. I'm truly in awe of the photographers whose presence I'm in with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Sorry you're having blogger issues. I was having problems yesterday with the program adding extra spaces between every line. Drove me crazy having to delete them over and over again. Good luck with getting that fixed & sounds like you need a new camera battery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great photo, Mariann. And your write up makes it even more so. You can see the paper longing for the pen to finally come to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic interpretation of silence, and one I never even thought of. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone. I will leave comments on all the non-competitive contestants a little while later. I just took a tiny Ambien.

    I am figuring I will photograph something either "normal" or "under Ambien influence" and then later, when the Ambien really kicks in later (like my write-up this time around)...do the blurb explaining my photo. That way I am pouring out much, much, much more of me (the embarrassing bits) that I'd never stop myself from putting because I'm too whacked out on Ambien to stop myself! It will be like a photography AND a science lab experiment combined. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, everyone. I will leave comments on all the non-competitive contestants a little while later. I just took a tiny Ambien.

    I am figuring I will photograph something either "normal" or "under Ambien influence" and then later, when the Ambien really kicks in later (like my write-up this time around)...do the blurb explaining my photo. That way I am pouring out much, much, much more of me (the embarrassing bits) that I'd never stop myself from putting because I'm too whacked out on Ambien to stop myself! It will be like a photography AND a science lab experiment combined. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly framed and a great idea. OF course, you wrote something amazing after that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes. I can DEFINITELY relate to this type of silence!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, excellent idea, Mariann. I never would've thought of that. It's totally original, and I think any writer can relate. It's a maddening silence....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing worse than the silence of that damned writer's block. It was very clever of you to think of this interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you again. Such nice words coming from fellow writers - almost make me speechless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great depiction of silence. That would be me too. Give me a pen and paper... nothing. A computer - and something. I look forward to doing this with you.

    ReplyDelete