A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

26 April 2012

Day 26: My Toothbrush

Believe it or not I've actually been looking forward to the "My Toothbrush" theme and you'll see why in a minute.

Until then, please peruse the photography participants:

MikeWJ, Nicky and Mike, Mo, Meleah, John, aka nonamedufus, Bryan, aka Unfinished Person, Malisa, Nora, LaughingMom, Tanya, Elizabeth A., 00dozo, Cheryl, Kristen, Katherine, and, last -- but definitely not least, Ziva.


Day 26 --  My Toothbrush:



As you can probably tell...my toothbrush (the pink one) is in the bathroom trash can. In there is also my son's toothbrush. We threw them away as WE AREN'T SICK ANYMORE! Woohoooo! If you don't know you are supposed to toss your toothbrush after a cold or flu...you do now. Face it, you wouldn't keep reusing the same tissue over and over again - brushing your teeth with the same germy toothbrush you had been using while you were sick - is pretty much like swallowing a big cup of saved phlegm -- only, well, not as gross.


On that happy note...there you have it - and now you know why I've been so looking forward to photographing my toothbrush. :)


15 comments:

  1. Congratulations...on getting rid of your toothbrush and the flu.

    Here's to better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed good news! I'm glad you hear you're not sick anymore, and I'm sorry about the loss of such a pretty toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not as pretty as YOUR toothbrush, Ziva. I just saw it. Yours is like the Ferrari of toothbrushes and mine's like a Ford. :(

      Delete
    2. What are you talking about? It's a toothbrush! Just because it's European doesn't mean it's hotter.

      Actually, yes it does.

      Okay, carry on.

      Delete
  3. That's a perfect metaphor for where toy's theme should go! Thanks for the health tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Today's" theme not toy theme. Damn auto-correct

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been sounding so much better lately. I'm glad you finally announced the exciting news of being flu-free. Thank you for the health tip. The longer this thing drags on the more I learn. In this case, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking that you get bonus points for adding a toilet brush to the toothbrush theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to agree with dufus on this one. Glad your feeling better, too.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post was very educational until you said a big cup of____. I can't even make myself type the word. That was such a sick mental image. I have got to go brush my teeth right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um I would? I'd sensibly throw the toothbrush away?

    *um*

    Sure. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I just feel sick about proposing today's theme. Thank God we didn't go with my original idea, Underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAAA!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!! The ceremonial throwing away of the nasty germy toothbrushes! SO GLAD you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for NOT being sick anymore and for new toothbrushes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I аppгeciatе you ρenning this write-up and alѕo the
    rest of the site is еxtrеmely gooԁ.

    Have a lοoκ at my blog pοѕt; payday

    ReplyDelete