A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

20 February 2010

The Beauty of the Olympics

Okay, is it just me - or are a lot of these women in the Winter Olympics this year just drop dead gorgeous?

I've watched Olympics for years, and sure, there was the occasional pretty woman...like ice skating's Katarina Witt from Germany...but this year...wow!

USA's skiier, Lindsey Vonn, is just stunning:


Torah Bright looks more like Elle MacPherson's younger sister than an Australian snowboarder:



And Pre-Raphaelite beauty, Lindsey Jacobellis, also a snowboarder (from the USA)...is downright captivating:



I tell you, these women are SO hot...I don't know how the snow doesn't melt beneath their feet.

I'll be on the lookout for more "ice princesses" in the days and events to come. It's just too bad there's no real eye candy for the girls -- except for Apolo Ohno (who is still darned cute as a button) and Russian silver medalist ice skater, Evgeni Plushenko. Yeah...I've always been partial to Russian gymnasts and skaters in the Olympics...I don't know what that is about...but oooh - they could melt my little cold heart any day. ;)

All I'm saying is - if there isn't already a 2010 "Winter Olympics Women's Calendar"...there sure should have been. And, if I were a guy...I'd be buying me a snowboard right about now.




14 comments:

  1. I was surprised that the women's curling team was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which team, USA or UK?

    I watched it tonite - it's so fun - they get soooooooo into it. I swear the "thrower" has THE most intense look on their face than any sport out there. It's like they are willing that silly little tea-kettle-looking thingy to go in the direction they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just you. I actually feel a little guilty watching the Olympics with my wife this year. I am proud to say, however, that we're friends with one of Vonn's cousins, which makes us sort famous but not really but at least we can say we know somebody who knows somebody. Somebody cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they really are beautiful.

    I think getting to see the INCREDIBLE body of Michael Phelps, again and again, in the Summer Olympics every four years makes up for our lack of eye candy though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They ladies are definitely hot.

    Some of the male snowboarders (not carrot top though) were pretty attractive as well. They also have that slight bad boy attitiude to go along with their good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, but I think this comes from being exposed to media at such an early age. They know that there never is a time they should be caught sans makeup.
    Plus, where did blemishes go? Never a zit anyplace and you would think with the stress they would be erupting all over.
    Of course, there is nothing more hot than an athletic woman (applies to winter games only - summer games has all those strength sports!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree... now my real question is how to I get a "New Favorite Award" like the one you have on the right. Now that I would like to see at the Olympics!

    Great Post,
    Isabella http://thebreakfastmonologues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to jackobelli's. (insert that pervy/freaky shuddering utterance...you know which one, Mariann) Think she may have gotten some of that lovely lip DNA from Angelina. Thank you vicodin for bringing my freakoid dreams out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL Isabella - I don't think that the "New Favorite Award" guy is an Olympic sport this year. Maybe next time. ;)

    Anony - You need to thank me for giving you the idea to have the freaky dreams to start with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not my cup of tea, but MY WIFE literally gasped upon seeing one of the American male bobsledders in his spandex. When I asked her why she made such a sound, she said, "His, um,... package is rather protuberant."

    It was, indeed. He could have used it to help him steer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suldog - Yeah...those suits leave little to the imagination...or big to the imagination, depending on...well...the "protuberance".

    Unfortunately, all the men I saw looked like the "Before" ad in some weight-watching magazine.

    Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn White is SOOO dreamy!
    JK but he is the man. I think it's funny there is a so-called fued between Lindsy and Julia Mancuso. They are like the two hot chics in high school who can't be BFFs. I googled Julia and she is very hot. Lindsy is classic pretty, but Julia is edgier and very sexy. Those two should suck it up and remember why they are there. In their defense, skiing is cut throat. great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not too mention that is like the worst picture of Lindsey Jacobellis.

    Melissa Hollignsworth from Canada is also completely drop-dead gorgeous.

    Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes used to be a speed-skater too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually thought she looked very pretty in it - all the other photos I beamed up...she wasn't wearing any make-up and had goggle lines on her face and had a hat on...etc.

    I'll have to check out the other two you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete