A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

06 September 2006

Something to Whine About

Well, it's been over two months now that I've gone without my computer. Sharing a computer with my two children isn't very much fun...really that's not fair...it's basically just with my son.

I guess in the grand scheme of things that above statement does sound rather ridiculous...most people in this world don't have any computer...let alone one computer to share with their kids, so I guess I shouldn't whine. In general I think Americans whine a lot, so why should I be any different?

So, I guess what I'm trying to convey here is that I haven't had access to a computer whenever I want, so when I want to write a blog or update my humour website, I usually am "computerless". Heaven forbid I do it the "old-fashioned" way and hand-write something out to type up later...I have a standard to live up to...I have to have something to whine about.

3 comments:

  1. Whining isn’t entirely a bad thing to do, especially if you have no other outlet for your frustrations. I was gonna whine about the shortage of updates to Imagine That… but since I see you are in a pickle, I feel duty bound to whine about your computer problems.

    Someone get this nice lady a computer!

    On a related topic, I have an old laptop I’ll sell real cheap. It’s a Compaq Armada… with like a huge 3 gig HD and a whole 64 megs of RAM. The battery works fine and the modem is a dandy way to connect at nearly 49Kb.

    NOTE: I really get a lot of quality whining every time I try to use it ;-)

    Best of luck on the puter problems!

    PS - If this comment appears twice... I appologize but Blogger comments have been on the fritz everywhere today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something (singular) to whine about?

    Only, only because I love you so well will I not touch that one. ;)

    Yo, redoubt, you're holding back! I happen to know through sources that I cannot name (but if I did, you'd be very, very disturbed, in a way unlike the fashion in which you are deeply disturbed already)(But I digress).

    I happen to know that you have a Commodore 64, and if you can't see your way fit to inflict, er- grace Cad with it, then you are depriving her of a unique experience. You'll also be depriving a lot of people (well, me.... you, too, probably) of fits of hysterics at the idea of Cad trying to use a computer that processes words at a speed 1/2350th of the speed at which she talks.

    I'm Bucko, and I approve of this message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest wit,

    Your source is freeze-dried. I traded the Com64 for an IBM 5150.

    And I regress... as time allows.

    ReplyDelete