A Bit About Me

My photo
Along with my daily duties as founder and head writer of HumorMeOnline.com, in 2003, I took the Grand Prize in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (also known as the "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" competition). I've also been a contributor to "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" and the web's "The Late Show with David Letterman". I also occupy my time writing three blogs, "Blogged Down at the Moment", "Brit Word of the Day" and "Production Numbers"...and my off-time is spent contemplating in an "on again/off again" fashion...my feable attempts at writing any one of a dozen books. I would love to write professionally one day...and by that I mean "actually get a paycheck".

07 October 2009

But were they banned in Boston???

I just was watching "The History Channel" and this commercial came on. I thought it was "bleeping" brilliant - but I'm figuring it won't last long on the airwaves in Alabama...along with the others (below it) which only aired less than a handful of times here:

Powermat

Here are the others (which were hilariously funny in my opinion) which met their demise in a New York advertising minute:


All deserved much more airplay if you ask me...unfortunately, it seems, all the incredibly stupid ones go on and on and on...

(I apologize for not knowing how to imbed YouTube videos on Blogger.com...if anyone knows how - feel free to clue me in.)

5 comments:

  1. Man oh man, those were funny. But not as funny as the Hooters Hole. Oh wait, the Hooters Hole was filled in, but I could never know this because NO PIC WAS EVER POSTED!

    teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hooters' Hole now has an "after" photo! Woohooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those commercials! And you're right, they DO deserve more airplay! A funny commercial will be remembered, as well as their products, will be remembered longer than a boring commercial, which will be forgotten by the time the next commercial comes on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how funny!! I remember the 7-up commerical and I do remember thinking the pregnancy test one was going to be removed quickly-even tho it was very funny..

    my favorite that I had not seen was the A/B hole advert. Now, that was funnier than 7734

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I loved the "7-up yours" and the "A-hole" - I mean they didn't invent anything...they just used what they had and it was brilliant. The A-holes one had me laughing like a lunatic!

    ReplyDelete